Watch a day in the work life of an Apple® user to see a new perspective on healthier computing. The new WorkFit-A and WorkFit-P Sit-Stand Workstations – for Apple, are designed for the unique needs of Mac computer and Laptop users. Standing more never looked so good.
The recent announcement by the American Medical Association (AMA), cited “Health Risks of Sitting” (and “Recognizing Obesity as a Disease”) among the new policies they voted to adopt during their annual meeting. At Ergotron, this is a huge milestone in our 3-year long charter to reduce sitting time and the health risks linked to it.
Does knowing this now concern you about the amount of sitting you do in your day? Do you know what YOUR risk is for “Sitting Disease”? Or what you can do to reduce this risk AND encourage employers/employees to do the same?
This complimentary event gives you a unique opportunity to rub elbows with the top researchers and organizations in the world who have explored alternatives to reducing sitting time, and other “out-of-the-box” approaches to producing healthier, more active, more productive individuals!
So what will YOU get by joining us? Here’s the short list:
1. Be in on the leading edge of global research. When you get minds from the University of Queensland (Australia), Stanford University, the Mayo Clinic, the University of Minnesota and Humantech in a room together, expect something ground-breaking. From to up-to-the-minute research to practical applications, hear about the global initiatives that are shaping the news.
2. Hear from the businesses who are blazing the trail. Organizations like Oberon (a brand of Sálo LLC), the Blue Zones, Rodale, Inc., American Council on Exercise (ACE) and David Martin Consulting Group are pioneers in creating healthier cultures for employees and the businesses they serve. Hear about their challenges and successes, and gain insight into how you might bring that knowledge back to your organization.
3. Network with other industry professionals. Get real-world advice from others facing the same challenges you are. Attendees include human resources, health and wellness, employee relations, compensation and benefits, occupational health, organizational development, facilities and organization development professionals from multiple industries–in both public and private sectors.
4. See and experience the solutions designed to help people reduce sedentary time. Come see the full-line of WorkFit sit-stand workstation add-ons, desks, and carts for any business environment to evaluate sit-stand computing firsthand.
5. Become a catalyst for change in your environments. It just takes one person to see the vision for a healthier, more productive workplace. Come get all the tools you need to spark a sit-stand Uprising in your business or community. Education is the first step to creating a culture of movement and that’s why we created Juststand.org as a resource and launch pad.
As a bonus! National fitness expert Chris Freytag with tips on fitting fitness into your day, and new this year, exhibitors like the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, and SmartMove, Inc. will be on-site providing additional education on influencing health.
A challenge every manager should consider: The responsibility to deliver a safe working environment to our employees.
Up until recently, the standard approach has been to provide computer equipment, and later upgrade with custom ergonomic devices as employees develop problems. Often times, even requiring a doctor’s note to justify the expense.
But today, with strong evidence that the computing environment itself leads to extended sedentary periods that are damaging to employee health, it is no longer responsible to provide static seated office computing stations to our employees.
It is our responsibility to provide a safe working environment to all of our workers, and the ability to move fluidly from sitting to standing to help prevent the health impact of overly sedentary behavior during the work day. The question is no longer whether we need to provide sit to stand workstations, but simply HOW to quickly to deliver them.
Ergotron’s new online WorkFit Finder Tool helps make this decision easy for prospective users looking to upgrade their computing workstation to sit-stand.
Has your company accepted the challenge?