Watch a day in the work life of an Apple® user to see a new perspective on healthier computing. The new WorkFit-A and WorkFit-P Sit-Stand Workstations – for Apple, are designed for the unique needs of Mac computer and Laptop users. Standing more never looked so good.
Introducing: The WorkFit-P, Sit-Stand Workstation
Laptops. As a partner in computing, their portability is a priority when the yen to connect occurs. Frequently, that yen occurs near a comfy couch or an uncomfy coffee corner, right? Or on the bed, or floor, an airport seat…you get the idea.
In all actuality, getting laptop users on their feet may be a feat unto itself.
Ergotron’s WorkFit-P is designed with our laptop friends in mind. While they can still find a comfy corner around the house or office when they want to sit, the WorkFit will be the ideal alternative when they want to stand.
The WorkFit-P provides a stable, adjustable solution for raising a laptop 20″ inches in the air above just about any worksurface. It attaches to the back or side of existing desks (or even a counter top), and can easily be moved out of the way for seated computing. Or detached and moved to another room if using at home.
And for the desktop users out there? The WorkFit-P gives us some additional worksurface at a standing level. No more bending to write on the desk surface. The WorkFit-P surface rises to elbow height (for a broad range of users) for applications like drawing with a pen and tablet, or as additional raised worksurface in conjunction with another standing desk option.
Is it ergonomic friendly?
- Take a minute to do a proper posture assessment for computing standing up
- Practice good ergonomics with this simple ergonomic equation
- Learn from others with these Tips & Tricks for the Sit-stand User
Even by following some of these ergonomic considerations, you will go a long way towards a more comfortable experience. And for those who just can’t give up the couch or floor, here are some ergo tips for the portable laptop user.
Features you’ll appreciate:
- Spacious worksurface approximately 26″ x 18″ (66 cm x 45.7 cm)
- Mount via desk clamp or included grommet mount
- Cable management clips on the underside of the mount arm routes and hides wires
- Polished aluminum and black finish
- Standing more burns more calories! Fact. Sitting on the couch does not. Just saying…
The important thing to remember with any laptop computing experience: Keep it comfy but keep it safe. Here’s one solution that helps laptop users do both.