Less than three weeks from today marks the start of HIMSS Conference & Exhibition – the health IT conference – in Las Vegas, Nevada. From February 29 to March 4, 2016, this annual event will bring together more than 40,000 healthcare professionals, all ready to discover the innovative technology set to transform health through IT in 2016. Here are some tips and techniques you should know before you land in sunny Vegas:
- Don’t bring a lot of stuff. Sounds commonsensical, but it’s easy to do. You won’t want to awkwardly lug a heavy briefcase or large purse around all day, especially while you’re visiting with people and trying to maneuver in crowded areas. Stick with the essentials; now is a great time to milk your mobile or tablet device for all it’s worth.
- Weather will be warm, and most likely, delightful. At this time of year in Vegas, the average high is 67 degrees, and like they say, it’s a dry heat. Plan your wardrobe accordingly. And if you forget a water bottle, no worries, someone is sure to be giving one away free in the Exhibit Hall.
- Pack a swimsuit. Your hotel will have a pool, and taking a dip in the cold water will be exactly what you need after a long day at the conference. Also pack multiple pairs of comfortable shoes; switching pairs may help sore feet recover each day.
- The conference takes place at the Sands Expo and Convention Center, a massive space and one of the few large enough to contain HIMSS. There are more than 300 educational programs and over 1,300 exhibitors, so plan out what you want to do (and where it is) beforehand. Use these maps to guide you. If you’re attending with several colleagues, agree on a meeting point in case anyone gets lost. There might be spotty cell service. Don’t forget to add our booth #5432 to the top of your list!
- Get out and explore the city! Vegas is famous as the Entertainment Capital of the World. You’ll have a tough time deciding which activities and adventures to pursue, if you don’t settle in at the casinos, that is! Our best sightseeing tip: get a Las Vegas Power Pass — it gives you FREE entry to 25+ of the town’s top attractions and tours. The view from the “Eiffel Tower” or the Stratosphere is amazing, as is the art exhibit at the Bellagio, FYI.
- Participate in the conversation surrounding #HIMSS via social media. If you don’t feel real social savvy, now is the time to learn in the supportive HIMSS environment. This year’s HIMSS official Social Media Ambassador team is stellar (follow Ambassadors on Twitter) and we’re glad to help at @ergotron. Want to talk carts and add-on power? COWS, WOWs and workflows? Tweet your thoughts with the hashtag #HIMSS and follow @himss for tradeshow updates and happenings.
- Last but not least: We’re unveiling our 2016 healthcare roadmap, sharing some new routes you will want to take! From our most innovative StyleView carts to some brand new solutions, get the first look by visiting us at booth #5432. We’re giving you the glimpse from the whole hospital perspective. We’re advancing the art of charging, bringing healthier movement into administration, and exploring tablet usage in the ever changing workflow. You won’t want to miss it!